Drug Addiction Treatment Center in Chillicothe, OH
Eliminate the use of opioids today.
Anchor Addiction and Wellness Center (formerly Chillicothe Acute Care Clinic) is an opioid addiction treatment center offering comprehensive outpatient treatment in a supportive and welcoming environment. We have experienced, compassionate treatment professionals available to help you begin your recovery. And if you’re looking for drug rehab centers in Ohio that accept Medicaid, we accept most Ohio plans.
Drug addiction has serious effects on your physical and mental health. It can also prevent you from building healthy relationships and reaching your personal or professional goals. Even if you’re ready to stop using, it can be difficult to recover from addiction on your own.
Get Started Today
Outpatient Drug Rehab in Chillicothe
Outpatient opioid treatment programs are appropriate in the following situations:
- You need drug addiction treatment but can’t stop working or attending school long enough to enroll in an inpatient treatment program.
- You’ve already completed inpatient treatment and want to step down to outpatient treatment to reduce your risk of relapse.
- Your addiction is mild and you want to attend outpatient treatment before it worsens.
- Your health insurance plan offers limited coverage for inpatient treatment.
If you suddenly stop using opioids, you’ll likely experience severe withdrawal symptoms, putting your physical and mental health at risk. Withdrawal-related discomfort may also cause you to relapse to relieve your symptoms. Anchor Addiction and Wellness Center offers medication management to make opioid withdrawal easier for your body and mind.
Medication management has several benefits when used as part of your outpatient treatment program. One is that you’ll have milder withdrawal symptoms and milder cravings, making it less likely you’ll relapse before you complete treatment. You’ll also have more energy, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Through medication-assisted treatment, the following medications are typically used to help you take control of your mental health and avoid withdrawal side effects:
- Naltrexone: Naltrexone prevents the activation of the opioid receptors in your brain. When these receptors aren’t activated, you don’t feel the pleasant effects of opioids. This reduces your cravings and makes it less likely you’ll relapse.
- Buprenorphine: This medication blocks the effects of opioids in your brain. As a result, you don’t feel that sense of euphoria that typically comes with opioid use. When opioids have no effect on you, you’re less likely to crave them.
- Methadone: Unlike naltrexone and buprenorphine, methadone activates the opioid receptors in your brain. This reduces cravings and lessens the severity of the symptoms that occur due to opioid withdrawal.
Many people develop a substance use disorder because of anxiety, depression and other mental health disorders. Others turn to drugs because they struggle to cope with stress at work or home. No matter why you started using drugs, it’s important to focus on improving your mental health as part of your addiction recovery.
Anchor Addiction and Wellness Center offers individual and group counseling to ensure you have a safe place to discuss your problems and look for solutions.
During an individual counseling session, you meet with a counselor and discuss why you started using drugs. Your counselor will also help you improve your coping skills and learn strategies to help you overcome your addiction.
Individual counseling has several key benefits:
- You learn how to manage stress without using opioids or other substances.
- Your counselor can help you learn skills to fix damaged relationships or improve the quality of your relationships.
- You gain more insight into why you started using opioids.
- You learn healthy habits to help you refrain from drug use.
Group CounselingIf you have a substance use disorder, it can be helpful to talk to people who understand what it’s like to struggle with addiction. Group counseling gives you an opportunity to do just that. During a group counseling session, you’ll have the opportunity to share your story with people at different stages of recovery. Listening to people talk about how substance abuse has affected their lives can help you gain better insight into your own behavior. Group therapy sessions have the following benefits:
- When others share inspiring stories, you’ll feel more motivated to finish your treatment program and continue on the path to recovery.
- You’ll feel a sense of hope and optimism as you watch your fellow participants succeed in their recovery efforts.
- Other participants will encourage you through your recovery, ensuring you’re not alone as you work to improve your mental health and overcome substance abuse.
Crisis intervention services are designed to help people experiencing extreme distress due to substance abuse. Trained professionals are available to get you through the stressful situation, provide help for your physical or emotional distress, ensure you’re stable and help you develop better-coping methods for dealing with stress
Although counseling and therapy are some of the most common types of mental health treatment, they’re not the only services needed to make a successful recovery. Our treatment plans include case management to ensure you have access to housing and financial assistance, employment and educational services, and other tools to help you create a lifestyle that supports your recovery.
Begin Your Recovery Journey
We Accept Ohio Medicaid Managed Care Plans for Addiction Treatment
Anchor Addiction and Wellness Center accepts multiple Ohio Medicaid managed care plans, making it easier to access comprehensive addiction treatment.
If you’ve been looking for a Medicaid drug rehab, learn more about the plans we accept.
What to Expect When You’re Here
If you’re ready to seek mental health treatment for addiction and other issues, it’s important to know what to expect. At Anchor Addiction and Wellness Center, our three-step process includes an initial consultation and evaluation, a personalized treatment program and ongoing support to help you thrive.
1. Consultation & Evaluation
During your initial consultation with our experienced treatment professionals, we’ll ask you about your mental health goals and find out more about you as a person. We’ll also answer any questions you have about our treatment programs and how they can help you overcome dependence on opioids and other harmful substances.
2. Personalized Treatment
We have several treatment options available to help with your recovery. Based on the results of your initial consultation, we’ll develop a customized treatment program to meet your individual needs. You may participate in individual or group therapy, case management, and other services as part of the treatment process.
3. Ongoing Support & Aftercare
Our drug addiction center also provides ongoing support and aftercare, ensuring you have plenty of support. In addition to our main treatment programs, you may receive educational services, employment services or other tools to help you avoid relapse as you return to your normal activities.
Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment
Substance use disorders can affect your mental health in several ways. When you visit our outpatient drug treatment center in Chillicothe, we’ll do a thorough initial assessment to determine if you’d benefit from additional treatment options, such as medications, specialized therapy or participation in certain support groups.
Many people who need drug rehab have major depressive disorder, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder or another mental health condition, making it even more difficult to recover from substance abuse. Addressing those mental health issues gives you a better chance of recovering from your addiction and achieving the best outcomes possible.
Communities We Serve in Ohio
Anchor Addiction and Wellness Center serves several communities in Ohio, giving residents access to comprehensive drug abuse treatment and recovery services. No matter where you’re from, we work hard to ensure safety and provide access to customized treatment. Although we’re located in Chillicothe, we accept patients from Jackson County, Ross County, Pike County, Pickaway County and Vinton County.
These are just a few of the cities we serve:
- Circleville, OH
- Grove City, OH
- Columbus, OH
- Lincoln Village, OH
- Pickerington, OH
- Portsmouth, OH
We're here to help
Our addiction treatment center in Chillicothe, OH specializes in opioid dependency, providing efficient high-quality services to improve your health by eliminating the abuse of opioids.
We have a knowledgeable compassionate staff with the training and skills needed to help with your recovery.